What Music Says

What Music Says

Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Future... a plan?

Hey Everyone!!

So, this will be a bit shorter than I wished, but I'm having tendinitis problems and tumors in my wrist from excessive use of my wrist and fingers.... Too much music for me :O haha. Enjoy it though :) Sorry it's a bit late!

Can you believe it!! I am officially done school! From the first day of Gr10 to the last day of diplomas (which are Gr12 Provincial exams that weigh 50% of our university entrance marks here in Alberta). Grad (or the American Prom) was as amazing as everyone expects it to be, and all in all, these few years in High School flew by a bit too quickly. From making new friends, to maintaining social circles, keeping up marks, and going to rehearsal; it's been none the less more remarkable and unforgettable than I could imagine. These few years have definitely helped me to find who I really am, and simply shape my identity.

So when thinking about Graduation and finishing Gr12, many-a-times people ask you about your future. What are your plans? What are you going to do next year? Which university? The questions about planning your life and the many years to come are uncountable. As much as I'd like to answer them, I can't. I'm sure many of you no matter in what stage of life often come across such a problem too. At the same time, yes I've been planning, but on the other hand, it's so unpredictable. I know what I'm doing next year, and like many of my peers I'll be going to University. But even within that plan, there are still uncertainties. I don't know what will happen in the next minute, the next hour, the next few seconds. I guess this picture I took in Spain helps to picture what "the future" is like in my mind. It's a questionable thing, but I'm hoping its bright. It's kind of like walking through the fog, only able to see what is directly in front of you, but knowing there is more out there. That's the future. But I believe there is more to it than simply looking at what's in front of you. What you do in the present can also impact your future.

I have faith and hope my life will go somewhere with direction, and for that reason I desire to make an impact, which is why I have a plan for my life. One of my favorite quotes that I've been living through these past few years of High School is this by Mother Teresa: "Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with little love." What a great reminder, that to leave an impact in this world doesn't mean we have to do great things. We just have to live each passing moment doing acts of kindness with heart and passion. That's my future. I can't tell you where I will be 10 years down the road with guarantee of course, as I have big ambitions. But one thing I can guarantee you is that no matter where I am, no matter how old I am, how rough my life gets, I will aim to deliver little acts of love to those around me. That is how I will make an impact in this world. That is my future. What is yours?

Just a few songs about the future. For you gamers out there.... here's Paul McCartney's Hope for the Future from the game soundtrack Destiny.
For those of you who aren't gamers, it's okay! That song is pretty cool. But let's go back in time, and listen to the Beatles. Here is John Lennon.  This is his 'future', and what he dreamed for it to be.


Two different futures, but that's expected, as; 
 "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one".  

Till Next time <3
Music is for Healing!
JLogging it ~JoLee

No comments:

Post a Comment