What Music Says

What Music Says

Saturday 21 April 2018

Save me, if you can


Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well! It's been quite the year for me. My apologies for "coming back" and disappearing shortly after. I've had quite the year with classes and all. I've had this site for almost 4 years now... how time flies hey? I'm looking to relocate to a new site, so I'll be keeping you all posted. It's currently under construction! But in the meantime, here is a poem that I wrote about an experience/encounter I had with a patient of mine. As a nursing student, one of my favorite times in the week is in our clinical practicum where I get the chance to have some hands on practice, but also build meaningful rapport with patients. I've combined aspects of some old poems to this. See if you can find the easter eggs ;) 

Save me if you can
The earth shattering slam of the wooden door
lay in reminisces of chalky slivers.
A fist of iron, and a body of rock
now crouches against a wall
using it as a boulder of support.
That was me, rather… is still me
But I can’t help but see the world
Run like a movie, without me.
I’m not who I was, and I can’t keep up;
What was is now
Shattering,
Changing,
“I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing,
I just keep making mistakes,
There’s so many bad things happening,
I broke all these relationships,
How can any of this be okay?”
The ticking of the bomb never diminishes;
the seconds get closer
to forever darkness
and here I stay
unable to make a judgement
Is there hope? Or shall I go?
I don’t know why,
But there’s this pull.
I think it’s called hope.
I no longer want this raven to fly across the sky,
To close this chapter of my life;
No more last goodbyes.
Bring me back,
To the days when
Waves were a' crashing into the sand
And the moon reflected the beauty of the sun.
The times where a librettist would perfect his libretto,
And the potter; mastering his clay.
Where the hummingbirds feed off orchids,
And horizons meet the prairies
In a warming outstretched hand.
Bring me back to a time
Where I had a purpose and could see
The colour in this land.
Fix me,
Help me,
Save me if you can.


Music is for Healing <3
JLogging it~
JoLee ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment